In July of 2020 Allied Grain Systems was engaged by GrainCorp Limited as the Principal Construction contractor for an on site build to complete the design,
construction and commissioning of GrainCorp’s rapid rail loading and storage facility at Yamala QLD. The successful on time on budget completion of the new bulk grain handling facility last December now provides Graincorp the ability to be able to load a train for export to port at Gladstone and back again to their Emerald site in a day. This significantly reduces Graincorp’s supply chain costs giving direct savings back to growers.
The facility includes:
- Two 1,000 tonne cone silos sealed to AS2628-2010
- Two 100 tonne over rail garner bins on certified for trade weighing cells for direct batching in train wagons.
- 600 TPH intake system. Inclusive of an in-ground 30 T capacity drive over hopper, incline drag conveyor and under Silo belt conveyor discharging into an uptake
Bucket Elevator feeding an over Silo Drag Conveyor.
- A 1,000 TPH over rail outload system with automated chute swing direct to rail car. System inclusive of operators control room
- Inhouse engineering design and construct of all associated structural steel works, equipment access stairways and platforms, with all technical specifications to
Graincorp’s SOW and where applicable Australian Standards.
The project’s contract administration and delivery was managed respectively by Allied Grain to AS 4000 and standardised terminology, gate review processes and guidelines. The result was complete project delivery back to client from quotation right through to practical completion and commissioning. Insurance the project at all times was to
Graincorp’s clear technical specifications/expectations and company department processes.